Stuffed Pork Loin Summary
Looking for a tasty meal to serve at a party? You can make this a day ahead of time and reheat very easily. Or you can prepare and stuff the pork loin, then cook the day of and serve to your guests.
- Pork Loin (Not tenderloin)
- Dried Apricots
- Dried Cranberries
- Dijon Mustard
- Bread Crumbs
- Cooking Oil
- Apricot Jam
Cooking Instructions and Preparation
- Dice your carrots, onions, celery and dried apricots
- Add cooking oil to a hot pan and sauté all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper
- After all ingredients are fork tender, turn off the heat and add the dried cranberries, apricot jam, dijon mustard and bread crumbs, season for taste
- Place this mixture on the side to cool
- Prepping the Pork loin is the hardest step for this dish. I recommend you use a long thin filet knife to make the cut through then use a honer (Knife Steel) to make sure the hole goes all the way through.
- After you have a hole through your pork loin, season the meat with salt and pepper
- Stuff the mixture after it is cooled into the crevice. Make sure the the whole pork loin is stuffed evenly
- Now you have two choices. You can sear the meat in a large sauté pan, then place in the oven in a roasting pan and cook on 375 degrees for about 35-45 minutes, with mirepoix underneath and around the loin. Or you can grill or smoke the meat outdoors. This takes a little longer, but adds a lot more flavor.
- After the meat is cooked, let rest and then slice and serve
Side Dishes to Accompany the Pork Loin
Roasted sweet potatoes with cinnamon and cumin and grilled Asparagus
- Peel and medium dice sweet potatoes. Add a little cumin, cinnamon and salt. Toss with some cooking oil and place in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes. Serve next to your stuffed pork loin and enjoy!
- Grilled asparagus is a quick, healthy side to make. Cut the bottoms off on a bias, season with oil, salt, pepper and lemon zest. Grill or place in a 400 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus.
- Place some roasted sweet potatoes on a plat with your sliced stuffed pork loin. Then place the asparagus on top to give the plate some hight.
- Remember, you eat with your eyes before you put food in your mouth. Presentation is half the battle.